On Friday, November 14, 2003, at 02:54 AM, David H. Bailey wrote:

The midi connections are the little circular ports and the board comes with adapters which have standard midi ports on one end of a 6" cable and the mini-din plugs on the other.

David,

Can you explain what kind of technology this is, and/or where it came from? Up until now, I was only aware of the 15-pin serial gameport to standard MIDI cables (MPU-401), the 9-pin serial to mini-DIN (sometimes known as TO HOST), and the USB MIDI connection. I have used all three of these at various points, but I have never come across or even heard of a MIDI connection that has mini-DIN ports on the soundcard with an adapter to standard MIDI.

Who came up with this? Is it new? Does it appear anywhere else than on the Audigy? I always thought I was pretty familiar with the various PC adaptations of MIDI communication, but this is a new one to me.