At 05:42 PM 11/14/03 -0500, John Hines wrote:
>I'm trying to set up my brand new 2610, and I've never even used a laser
>printer.  The instructions say to "pull the two strips out of the toner
>cartridge....".  There is no clue offered as to how this is done.  The
>"strips" seem to be concealed in the toner cartridge housing with cellophane
>tape attached to them.  I have no idea how to open the housing to get at the
>"strips".  I'm sure there is something very simple that I'm missing.

Pull the strip ends slowly straight out of the housing by the cellophane
tape, in the direction the strips are pointing. (The strips might be the
tape itself, sometimes like nylon packing tape.) They're in place to keep
the toner from going everywhere. You're peeling the tape straight out, no
up or down, and you'll end up with some dirty curly tape when you're done..

Dennis