--On Friday, November 14, 2003 5:42 PM -0500 John Hines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

printer.  The instructions say to "pull the two strips out of the toner
cartridge....".  There is no clue offered as to how this is done.  The
"strips" seem to be concealed in the toner cartridge housing with
cellophane tape attached to them.  I have no idea how to open the housing
to get at the "strips".  I'm sure there is something very simple that I'm
missing.  BTW, I did get the toner cartridge out of the printer and it's
now setting on the kitchen counter.  Thanks for any help.

John,

The cellophane tape *is* the strip. You need to pull it straight out.

-Carl Donsbach