On Wednesday, December 17, 2003, at 02:17 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

Hey, that's great!

Questions, though...

Why isn't this configured by default?

No idea. Maybe the same brillo that made it impossible to "Empty Trash" without an intervening dialog in 10.0.0.

And where can I get those other scripts they show on that web page ("Compress PDF," "Convert PDF to Text," "Purpose PDF for Web," etc?

Those are just to give ideas. At: <http://www.apple.com/applescript/resources/>, near the bottom of the page is a Resources category with some links like macscripter.net. You'd have to do an additional search at the sites to find something specific. With AppleScript, it's usually much better to define the tasks you wish to accomplish, join AppleScript-Users list for a few days, and ask the question there. Most likely you'll get a solution you can select in Mail and then use Services->Script Editor->Make New AppleScript to save where-ever.

For the "print to email" category, there are also some utilities that enable you to bypass Mail entirely. Only good for the cases where say you'd just want to send the files to specific clients as regular updates over the duration of the contract and not need personalized text. These are Scripting Additions like XMail, 24U Email OSAX, and unixy things like sendmail. I'm using XMail right now because I haven't had time to set up sendmail on Panther (it's tricky).

Cheers,

Philip