Regarding your second question, I sent out the same request about a week ago and got these answers:
"John Bell: Select any Finale file, then Get Info. Now select Open with Finale 2000b, and click the button that makes it the default for all Finale files."
"Rocky Road: Stuff or zip the old one. That's how I keep all my previous versions. Doesn't take long to unstuff if you need it."
I preferred John Bell's solution, but didn't all ways work, so I stuffed Fin2004 and now all files open in b version

Giovanni