At 04:08 AM 07/17/2004, Richard Huggins wrote:
>previous and subsequent sections are almost identical to this one. In this
>case, the best way to do this was to put all the men in the tenor clef for
>one repeat (singing certain parts) and then in the bass clef on the repeat
>(singing different [i.e., higher] parts). To do it any other way would
>require extending the measure count, which I can't do.

I haven't read all the posts on this topic, but I did take a look at the graphic on your site. I don't understand why the bars in question have to be all on one staff or the other. Can't you just write the first and second endings on both staves, divided appropriately? This preserves the notes you want and the measure count you want, and it leaves no ambiguity. It has the added advantage of being clearer about the division of parts. For example, bar 2 has T1 div, T2, B1 div, B2. Bar 3 looks the same as bar 2 in the treble clef visually, but I'm guessing that what you want there is T1, T2, B1 + B2 unis. Seems to me you'd avoid questions in rehearsal if you just wrote it that way, on two staves.

Aaron.