Karen

I don't exactly swear by the percussion map; I usually swear AT it.

Actually I have your first paragraph taken care of. I have set the perc map so that when I hit F# or C# (treble clef entry) I get an X head on G and C (for cymbals and rimshots), whereas if I hit G# I get a circled X head for crash on the G space. Notice that F#, G, and G# all come out on the G space, but it is only the G that is a normal notehead, which I reserve for cues. I also have B as a stemless slash, and Bb as a stemmed slash, so that I can combine standard, slash, and rhythmic notation in the same measure without having to switch tot the Staff Tool, Select Partial Measures, select the passage, hit the S or R, then turn off Select Partial Measures, which always seemed like a kludge to me.

As for files from other people, I'm glad you have a method, as that kind of thing always stymies me. Transposition doesn't work in percussion notation, as I'm sure you noticed, so I end up creating a new drum staff, re-entering that drum part, then deleting the old staff. Arghh.

Oh yes, Mac for me. PC for you? Potato; potahto. (and perhaps PAtato for drummers (pat a toe, get it?))

Christopher