Hi again, David.

Forgive my previous reply, which I sent before I received  this on.

I have bee working with a large sample library, which allows for multiple articulations. This can mean, for example, that for violin I you use note expressions to change midi channels for each articulation. For example:

vn. legato
vn. legato crescendo/dim
vn. staccato
vn. short
vn. tremolo
vn. tremolo crescendo/dim
vn. pizz.
vn. harmonic
vn. espressivo

with each of these potentially requiring a different midi channel.

With a full orchestra piece this eats up midi channels like crazy.

Best,

Michael