Linda,

I have a CD (it's the example set of CD's from Samuel Adler's book "The Study of Orchestration" that has index numbers in addition to track numbers. This means that Track 1 has five or so examples, each with their own index number, so Track 1.1, 1.2, etc. He manages to squeeze many individual examples onto each CD this way, and it is old; one of the first generations of CDs, so I know it's part of the standard from way back. Not all CD players can get to the individual index numbers, so all you can do is start playing Track 1 and wait for the other index numbers to play before you get to 1.5, but it's probably better than endlessly punching "next track" every time the CD is played. You can group short examples in the same category together, hopefully starting with one they are likely to start with, and save their trigger fingers for the mouse button!

I'm not sure how to do this, as I have never used this feature of the spec myself, but this info might get you on the right track.

Christopher