Greetings!  I'm new to the list (though not to Finale) and have a question about swing playback.

I scanned music, converted it to MusicXML format using SharpEye, then imported it into Finale 2005 for editing.  The music contains standard triplets, dotted 8th/16th combinations, and pairs of regular eighth notes.  I ultimately want to save the Finale score as a MIDI file that will play back as follows:

--standard triplets:  as written
--dotted 8th/16th combinations:  as swing eighths (2:1) instead of as written (3:1)
--regular eighths:  as swing eighths (2:1) instead of as written (1:1)

I have much experience using the playback swing settings to play notated regular eighths as swing eighths, which carries over fine when files are saved as MIDI.  However, I'm not experienced with altering the playback of the dotted 8th/16th combinations without having to change the notation.  I have fiddled with the Human Playback features that would seem to be relevant, but they do not change that playback rhythm from the notated 3:1 to the desired 2:1.  Alternatively, if playback techniques will not work, would appreciate your advice on whether you can change a rhythmic figure (dotted 8th/16th) globally when the pitches are not the same throughout.  Thanks very much.

Kathryn Schneider, J.D.
Musical Director, City Bar Chorus
New York City
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]