When you read part of what I wrote, please understand that instead of

when the smallest hard easily available is at least 60 GIG

I intended to write

"when the smallest hard drive easily availble is at least 60 GB". I know that it is still possible to find smaller drives, but last time I was in a computer store, 40 GB was the absolute smallest they had available (except for some recycled 1 GB drives for $10.00 each, as is) and that was through the service department, as a replacement part. The smallest new drive in "retail" packaging was 60, and these appeared to be close to downgrading to "service department" too.

If you've got 200 GB of hard drive, you're not going to use it all, and I can't see any good reason not to keep (or re-install) your old versions. The only conflict I've ever run into is that it seems you can't have MIDI capabilities in both versions.

ns