If you knew anything about the convoluted way Finale stores pitch information,
this would not only seem not an oddity but rather all too predictable. I
learned years ago always to use major key signatures, because apparently they
are the only ones that programmers routinely test their code against. Finale
itself has a history of bugs related to minor key signatures.

Is there some downside to using major key signatures? The key of Eb major looks
exactly the same as that for c minor. Is there some advantage to setting the
key to c minor that you don't get with Eb major?