Things are not so slow on my setup (G5 1.8 - 1.5 GB RAM), so some of these automated things seem OK to me.

I mention - only to remind those involved in this discussion, that turning on "Special Part Extraction" in the Edit Menu, after highlighting the staff (with the Staff tool) will re-calculate the MM rests, and it's a good idea to do this if you have copied new information into a parts template. I have been caught too often with hidden music that I did not notice was in a different place when copying from one part to another. (A frustrating waste of rehearsal time ensues, causing me to swear to do this every time - but I don't!)

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836