Mark D Lew wrote:
On Mar 16, 2005, at 5:43 AM, dhbailey wrote:

If it's called "show" it should be in the View menu.

Agreed, but I'd say it shouldn't be called "show". The change makes sense.

I think the issue might be that it's still called "Show Active Layer Only", despite the move to the Options menu in Fin2005.
So if it was renamed "Options/Active Layer Only", everything would make a bit more sense.

I personally think it's a bad UI approach to use as many verbs in the menus as Finale currently does. Like "View/Show Grids" would be equally clear if it was named "View/Grids", wouldn't it? As a comparison, the menu doesn't say "View/Display Scroll View" but "View/Scroll View".

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson