On Mar 22, 2005, at 12:06 AM, Paul Hayden wrote:

How long does it take you gentlemen to export one page from a score or part?

I was interested in this thread, as I have an aging G4 733 mHz with Panther, so I did a test (FinMac 2005a).

To print to PDF, from the time I press OK to the time that the status box disappears:

For one 8-1/2 X 11 page of a very dense score for big band, just short of 4 seconds.

For all 37 pages of the same dense score, 1 minute 29 seconds, or a little over 2 seconds a page.

That is acceptable to me, given the age of my computer. I remember Adobe Distiller in System 9 on this same machine as much zippier, but that WAS a two-stage process, after all. Perhaps the heavy lifting was done during the EPS exportation.

Is it really that much faster on 2.5 gig dual-processor behemoth?

Christopher