On Mar 22, 2005, at 6:43 AM, Christopher Smith wrote:

On Mar 22, 2005, at 12:06 AM, Paul Hayden wrote:

How long does it take you gentlemen to export one page from a score or part?

I was interested in this thread, as I have an aging G4 733 mHz with Panther, so I did a test (FinMac 2005a).

To print to PDF, from the time I press OK to the time that the status box disappears:

For one 8-1/2 X 11 page of a very dense score for big band, just short of 4 seconds.

For all 37 pages of the same dense score, 1 minute 29 seconds, or a little over 2 seconds a page.

Sorry, I didn't realise we were talking about postscript export. I went back and performed an EPS export on the same file. Here are my results:

I page, about 2 seconds. It was hard to time it accurately, as I am sure I was seeing some screen work as well.

All 37 pages, about 58 seconds.

It would appear that the EPS export is indeed the heavy lifting, whereas the PDF creation is comparatively quicker.

Hope this compares favourably.

Christopher