At 3/23/2005 02:50 PM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

>Phil Daley / 05.3.23 / 02:30 PM wrote:
>
>>It will stay that way as long as Mac has a minuscule % of the market space.
>
>I am sorry.  It might be my English problem, but I don't understand your
>point of this post.

Virus writers only write viruses so they will be noticed.

Since Apple has such a small marketshare of the computer market, virus writers ignore them.

Actually, the first virus I ever had was on a Mac, on System 4(5?) I don't remember.

But, because Macs recognized floppy disk insertion and "mounted" them to the desktop, it was possible to infect a Mac by merely inserting a floppy disk.

That has never been true of a windows system.

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley