At 3/23/2005 03:21 PM, John Howell wrote:

>At 3:07 PM -0500 3/23/05, Darcy James Argue wrote:
>>It is for me, which is why I bothered posting my question the first
>>place.  If I didn't think it was a big deal, I would have just
>>bought the Leblanc folders, wouldn't I?
>>
>Diff'rent strokes.  I was on the road through the entire decade of
>the '60s and we were perfectly happy to use free music store folders
>and replace them when they wore out.  But perhaps my corollary point
>wasn't clear.  Obviously someone manufactures these folders, and they
>can probably be tracked down and you could order them unprinted, but
>I doubt that a manufacturer would be willing to ship in lots of fewer
>than a thousand, which is kind of overkill for your purposes.  And
>the retailers are ALL going to be using them, even if they lose money
>on them, for advertising purposes.

I probably shouldn't say anything since I haven't been following the list for the past month.

These are the music store supplied free folders we are talking about that have the store's name on them?

We never had to replace them when they wore out. They gave us a huge stock of new ones every year.

And I don't think they got much mileage out of them.

The store was in Portland, Maine and the school was 100 miles away in central NH.

I always told the kids they could write on them and then keep them at the end of the year.

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley