Just a little terminology clarification here:

On 30 Mar 2005, at 3:45 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:

I JUST did this yesterday with my wife's Powerbook G4. The little Super-VHS plug

This is called "S-Video."

has a little shorty of a cable on it (came with the computer) and once I plugged that in, a regular RCA plug took the video to my VCR in standard VHS format.

This is called "Composite Video" [There's also "component video," used by all but the cheapest DVD players, but that's not really relevant to this discussion.]

Otherwise a SVHS cable will plug SVHS format directly, say to a non-Firewire video camera.

Virtually all TVs, projectors, etc. made in the past 10 years accept S-Video as well as composite (RCA) video.

One thing I had to do was press F2 to make the computer auto-recognize the output,

Newer PowerBooks do this automatically.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]