David W. Fenton schrieb:

Finale always supported two different native graphics formats, TIFF
and PICT. Eventually TIFF was included on the Mac platform as well, as
the Mac uses that, too. But as far as I know Pict is only supported on
the Mac platform.

But PICT is a bitmapped graphics format, no? That means it's not an entirely new class of format to support it.

No, it's not a bitmapped format. It works similar to EPS in that it can include bitmaps, font characters (in outline) and outline shapes. However, due to the limitations of Quickdraw it has a number of shortcomings, which mean that the outline bit doesn't seem to work in Finale (but fonts did when I last used this). Pict graphics produced by Finale were never particularly high quality, yet Finale included the format because it was standard for MacOs, just as PDF is now.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de