[EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2005/06/07 / 03:36 AM wrote:

>Regarding this specific Intel chip...word on the street is that there
>is a specific type of chip called Itanium which, if rumors are true,
>will be used in Apple hardware.

This is in fact interesting speculation since we all thought Itanium is
long dead because it handled x86 badly.

Back to Finale,
As Darcy said, we won't be freaked out if FinaleX was done with XCode
from the ground up when porting to OSX, but with the size of the
application it is not practical.  It will cost them a fortune.  On the
other hand, XCode/Apple Devtool (free!  Not like MSDN!!)) is really
nice.  One of DAW hardware interface vendor I beta test asked me to L10N
the strings.  I even don't need src files from them.  I can open the app
directory from Apple DevTool to change strings.

On the other hand, another software vendor also asked me to do L10N.
They use CW.  I open the rc files in CW, but without seeing the GUI and
its context, just reading the raw string, how can anyone work if you are
not sitting with the lead engineer?  I hope CW dies away from Mac :-)

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>