>On 10 Jun 2005 at 0:51, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> There is an analogy that makes sense to me...when a windows
> programmer gets a flat tire, he just bolts another good tire to the
> outside of the axle rather than fixing the flat.  Mac programmers
> anticipate a flat tire and do their best to have an alternative plan.
> I've owned both windows machines and Apple machines.

I must have missed this on the first go-round.

Mac programmers are no more clueful than Windows programmers.

They have as many errors in their code as Windows programmers do, in fact, I will bet dollars to doughnuts that they have more errors, because they have not been under the gun of virus writers.

As soon as the Mac has a significant share of the marketplace, they will have as many viruses as Windows.

But, don't hold your breath.  That's not going to happen in the next 10 years.

I expect Linux to reach that milestone earlier.

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley