Hi Karen, Darcy, Hiro et al,

It seems you guys are likely to be right!

GPO has been running overnight - without the Formac TV, and it and my Mac have remained stable, with the GPO usage remaining at about 16% in the activity monitor. So all those background crashes of the Formac software seem to have been interfering with the operation of other things. I'm not sure I am privvy to exactly how that happens, but it's not counterintuitive to understand that it might be a possibility.

Maybe Formac will fix this, but for the moment, it seems GPO is not the culprit.

Sorry about that misleading complaint.

Now I've forgotten who else said he was having the same problem. Was it Ken Durling? Whoever it is should also look elsewhere "under the hood" for a conflict with GPO.

I'll use the links you guys suggested to find good music when I'm not attempting to make my own.

Nice to have friends.

Many thanks,

Chuck