On 22 Jun 2005 at 16:51, Aaron Sherber wrote:

> Looks like they've continued their practice of adding features from
> existing third-party plugins. Engraver Copy & Paste looks a lot like
> Robert Patterson's Mass Copy (though not as useful). . .

It looks to me like just a simplification of UI, combining what was
previously two dialogs launched from two different menu choices, into
a single dialog.

And they added one feature, control over clef copying -- it's not
clear from the graphic of the new dialog, but it looks awfully like
they've made clef copying intelligent, but it's not clear if this
just means "copy all the clefs if the basic clef of the destination
staff is the same as that of the source staff" or if it's smart
enough to do things like choose appropriate clef changes for
different destination staves, say, copying a viola part to a cello
line might choose a tenor clef for the destination.

In any event, it seems like a real improvement only if the things
that don't copy properly start copying properly -- more control over
features that don't actually work as expected is hardly helpful!