Darcy James Argue schrieb:
Johannes,

You need to use the keyswitched instruments and download the library of keyswitching Finale expressions from the GPO website. This makes it very easy to switch from legato, sustained articulations (default) to the "alternating bows" articulations (which you need for fast or detached passages).

It sounds like you might be happy using the "alternating bows" articulation exclusively. If so, you just have to put an invisible keyswitching expression that triggers that style of articulation at the beginning of each part in your score.

This is really poorly documented on the Garritan site! It just took me about half an hour to find the file you seem to be talking about. It is labeled as a plugin, and the two download links lead to different files, one is a library file, which is completely useless on the Mac, and the other a Finale document. The latter one seems to be the one I need. Now, the problem is that the playback parameters of the expressions are a complete mystery to me, and I find it very hard to include any of this in my existing files. This is going to be an extremely lengthy process, which I am unwilling to deal with. I guess I will wait for 2k6 and hope that at least some of this will be handled automatically. (I would have thought that Finale and GPO would play well enough together to know when a fast passage requires different articulation keyswitches.)

I also have been annoyed by a French baroque piece using a low B in the Cello part, which triggers a keyswitch in GPO and makes that file playback very strangely. Badly thought out imo. Even in a certain Haydn Symphony the violins tune the G string down a tone, if this was played back through GPO it would trigger the wrong keyswitches - making the file unusable for GPO. Couldn't they have put the KS's somewhere else?

Johannes

--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de