dhbailey wrote:

I agree with everything you said. MM don't seem to have a clue what their target markets (definitely plural) are. Sibelius is very clearly targeting these markets. Whether it's a better tool for what the people on this list need to do is irrelevant - market economics will dictate the outcome.

Sibelius has a near-monopoly in education in the UK. I get scared by it nearing the status of Photoshop or Powerpoint, being an adjective and a verb, rather than just the name of a piece of software. Because we all know that monopolies are bad for future progress.

Plus, from when I looked a while ago, licensing Sibelius is significantly cheaper for educational institutions.

Do we know for sure whether or not anyone from MM follows the discussions on this list? Has there ever been any feedback?

Owain