Andrew Stiller schrieb:

On Jul 6, 2005, at 1:29 PM, Aaron Sherber wrote:

In dynamic parts, each part is nothing more or less than a special view of the score. The reason that note changes to score are reflected immediately in the parts and vice versa is because the notes are only stored in one place. On the other hand, the file keeps track of different positioning information for things like expressions -- one position in the score and a different one in the part -- so that you can make small tweaks as needed.

Aaron.

I can dig it, but:

Tacet movements and other omitted or added measures for one part (e.g., optional cadenza not written out in score)?

Cue notes--not in score, and different in different parts?

Divisi on 2 staves vs. 1?

Above all, as I've just remarked elsewhere: different Page Setup settings?

And much more basic: as Robert remarked it is absolutely essential to have separate spacing for each part. The way that Finale's spacing works I fear that this might indeed make the "one file, different views" approach incredibly complicated, as the data will have to be separated into "global" and "part" data, and in fact every element has to be effectively both, with individual decision on what is global and what isn't.

Johannes

--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de