David W. Fenton schrieb:
I guess my point is that the kind of restructuring I'm calling for
here would go much further to making it possible to manage "house
styles" than any of the things you mentioned.

Except it won't happen.

I'm not certain about that. The Finale developers are computer programmers. They understand better than *you* do the advantages of non-duplication of data, of sub-classing, of object-oriented programming. My bet is that they'd love to have the luxury to be turned loose on Finale and rework its data structures in order to support the kinds of UI and feature requests I've been talking about. But the realities of business don't allow them to pull a Netscape (and, of course, they shouldn't do that, anyway:

David, I am absolutely certain it won't happen. Not unless the way MakeMusic has been working the last few years will change radically.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de