Richard Bartkus wrote:

Okay, my interest was piqued, so I downloaded it and gave it a brief try.

Initial look and feel was impressive.  However, I have a significant
investment already in FINALE formatted files.  I tried to import a couple
files and was not successful.  Even after exporting to ETF first and then
importing.
I do like the options/templates etc.  but if I have to reinput all my FINALE
files, it's going to take some more convincing before I make the move.

Just my initial and humble opinion on the subject

Try exporting them as MusicXML and then import into Sibelius as MusicXML.

To do this efficiently you may need to invest in the Dolet plugins for both Sibelius and Finale (Michael Goode is better equipped to advise you on this).

On the other hand, if your files still work fine in Finale, there's no need to convert them -- keep Finale on your machine and also install Sibelius.

But if you want all your Finale files converted, you're right that it will be a major bother.

--
David H. Bailey