John Howell wrote:

MakeMusic lost us as steady and reliable customers the year our incoming students had Macs with OS X, and Finale for OS X did not exist. This had absolutely nothing to do with marketing, and everything to do with a complete missreading of the market and a complete failure to provide a product that was needed but not available.

Think about this for a moment. The native-OSX version of Finale should have been Finale 2003. That was an upgrade year weak on features like this one. Ever since the decision that year not to go OSX-native, MM has been behind the 8 ball on the Mac side. Yet given the light features list it should have been a no-brainer.

That said, I still think Steve Jobs cut the knees out from under his developers by cutting off OS9 booting one year too soon. And it is a continuing pattern...

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com