On Jul 13, 2005, at 1:52 AM, Lee Actor wrote:

I don't think that works in the case of four 16ths where the first and last
are rests.  Or maybe I don't understand your method?

You're right. I didn't realize you were asking for the rests to be at the end of the beam.

In that case, I'd do a similar two-layer approach. In this case skip the tuplet tool and instead use the Special Tools to make the outer notes invisible -- that is, change their notehead and stems to a blank character. Then use the other layer to supply the rests.

mdl