On 30/07/05, dhbailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am still waiting to be shown why GPO/Kontakt playback is superior.  A
> kind member of this list has offered to work on a file of mine to show
> me how to get improved playback via GPO.  I am eager to see what the
> result is.

Jari has just put up a "Sound Comparisons Page" on his website:
http://finaletips.nu/fin2006review/soundtech.php

This demonstrates the difference between Finale GPO without HP, the
SoftSynth with HP, and Finale GPO with HP. These are all done with
minimal changes to Fin06's defaults (he describes the changes he
makes).

Also, he includes a higher-quality recording of the "Finale GPO with
HP" example and a demonstration of the Full GPO with HP. The Last one
seems to be more extensively tweaked since he mentions that "the end
result is very much a result of individual personal taste."

Hopefully this will give you a more throrough audible explanation of
the differences. I, for one, really enjoy the GPO examples; even those
created with the Finale-included GPO sound set. The SoftSynth sounds
horrible to me in comparison; but then again, I never used it anyway,
preferring even QuickTime Instruments in Finale 2004 and 2005.

--
Brad Beyenhof
[EMAIL PROTECTED]