Which is totally an oversight by MakeMusic. I don't know about VST (don't really use it), but I use GPO (full version) with Digital Performer, and I can easily have my cake (Audio Units) and eat it too (and Midi).

It doesn't make sense that you can't mix it. You can get a max of 8 instruments with the GPO version that comes with Finale 2006? So, if you happen to do an arrangement that has more than 8 instruments, you are out of luck in using GPO. You'd have to use the soundfonts or Midi.

dhbailey wrote:

Yes, that's what he means. If you have turned on the USE VST option, you can't have some channels playback through your midi devices.

How Finale actually communicates with GPO, I'll assume is midi data, but that's not what Randolph meant. He is discussing the possibility of using some staves assigned to channels which are sent to midi devices as defined in the midi-devices dialog, while having some others sent to GPO.

Right now that's impossible.  It's an either-or situation.