At 07:26 AM 08/01/2005, dhbailey wrote:
>And for someone using an external playback device with 16 channels?  How
>will having channels 1-8 and 17-24 be responded to on a device which
>only recognizes 1-16?

David, take a look at some of my other responses to Darcy. A GPO slot is not the same thing as a MIDI channel, even though the easiest way to set things up may be to have the two be equivalent. It's easy to use MIDI 1-16 and map them to GPO slots 1-8 and 17-24 so that things will playback correctly. In fact, you have to do something like this with percussion, which require MIDI 10.

Aaron.