> I'm using FinWin2k2 and I've just recently got back into using Speedy
> Entry after many years of not having a MIDI connection. Only one problem
> still plagues me. Is there any way to input notes an octave higher than
> played? My keyboard (which a friend has given me) stops two
> octaves above
> middle C and I like writing my violins and flutes higher. Is
> there any way
> to do this or do I just play an octave lower and transpose up?
>
> Taris

No, whatever MIDI note you play is what gets input (even for transposing
instruments, BTW).  But you can make it really really easy to transpose by
octave by defining Mass Edit metatools. Four are available, on the 6, 7, 8,
and 9 keys.  Select the Mass Edit tool, hold shift + the number key you want
to define, and select your transposition.  For years I've been using 6 and 7
as up/down octave, and 8 and 9 as up/down octave while retaining original
notes.  Of course you can define them as any tranpositions you want, but I
find these incredibly useful.

Lee Actor
Composer-in-Residence and Assistant Conductor, Palo Alto Philharmonic
http://www.leeactor.com