After a few weeks of playing around with 2006, I decided to go ahead with my first publishing project using it (didn't have any choice because the SCORE files provided only wanted to be opened with 2006). I was pretty happy with that, despite some small concerns about the lag in the mass edit, staff and measure tools. I did a couple of pieces (it is a classical guitar publication), and then my boss asked me to print that out to be sure that everything was fine on the printout. I exported the eps in pagemaker and printed the few pages. NIGHTMARE! The dotted slurs we use for classical guitar technical slurs print completely wrong.
I would like to know if some of you on Macs can reproduce the problem.
It should be fairly easy to recreate:
1. write a few notes and add dotted slurs to them. (I have tried with both Finale's default file and my own template file)
2. export eps.
3. import eps in whatever desktop publishing software and print it (I have tried with both pagemake and InDesign with the same results). But anyway Pagemake prints perfectly since forever so it can only have been introduced in Finale 2006. Please don't talk about workarounds, and certainly not pdf, which is not an option.

A second thing to test.
I made that test to go further into my investigation to see if other smart shape tools were behaving strangely too.
1. New file with a few notes
2. add smart shapes (dotted-line bracket, bracket, 8va, line, dotted line, bend, gliss. etc.)
3. export eps
4. print into a dtp software. (or use Preview to open it, which most likely will not work) 5. I never succeeded in printing the eps created with all these smart shapes

You will see that something has been introduced that make these eps behave faultly, and it is a major problem if anyone can reproduce it (which remains to be demonstrated).

Thanks for any help.

Éric Dussault