On 18:16 Uhr ronan wrote:
One thing I have been asking for for years is improved handling of multiple time signatures. Right now the only option is that Finale "decides" to accept one staff as the main timekeeper, then adjusts all other staves so that the bar lines all line up. In other words, a 1/4 note in 3/4 time is longer than a 1/4 note in a simultaneous measure of 4/4 time. What I need: 1) an option to make 1/4 notes equal in length in all staves, regardless of the time signatures. (In other words, staggered bar lines). 2) An option to have measures equal in length, but I get to choose which staff will be the "master."

It is sort of possible now with invisible barlines. I guess one solution would be a relatively simple plugin which will make bar lines invisible automatically. I doubt that Finale will ever support this natively, simply because of the way Finale is designed.

The workaround does work, I have used it in the past, but requires some extra steps.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de