In my experience, Finale will beam groups of grace notes correctly, if you follow this procedure: Enter the multiple grace notes in order, use the arrow key to put the cursor over the last grace note, press the semicolon key, move backwards to the preceding grace note, again press semicolon, repeat the procedure until all grace notes have been converted from ordinary notes. When I follow this sequence, grace notes appear beamed together without further fussing. Doing things in another order results in separate flagged notes and necessitates using the / key to connect beams.

Chuck


On Sep 23, 2005, at 5:48 AM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

At 07:14 AM 9/23/05 -0500, Noel Stoutenburg wrote:

My recollection is that once when I needed to enter a group three grace notes, they natively beamed as a single eighth, and a beamed eighth, and I needed to use the '/' beams the three into a single grouping, but it
has been a while, and I cannot test this at the moment....


Yes, you're correct. The "/" key is very handy when creating groups of
grace notes. This may seem uninteresting, but it's pretty useful if your
score is a little not typical and you need a lot of notes that don't
participate in the rhythmic structure.

Dennis


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale


Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836
phone (360) 671-3402
fax (360) 676-6055
www.chuckisraels.com

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to