Yes, the book ... very interesting, by the way, proposes that God is the only universal entity which (who) is capable of unconditional love, and that he has it for every soul on earth, past, present and future. We can only hope to strive to do the same. The most controversial message in the book is that God's grace is for every soul on earth, no matter what they have done in their lives, or what religious path they choose to follow, or not follow ... ergo, hell is, and always will be, empty. As you can imagine, he (actually they ... two pastors wrote it in tandem) have taken a huge amount of flack.

Hope this explains my comments to a degree.

Take Care,

Dean
On Sep 30, 2005, at 5:16 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:


On Sep 30, 2005, at 5:22 PM, Dean M. Estabrook wrote:


I've just finished a book espousing the concept of a theistic, unconditional love and grace for ALL (Whoa!). It certainly is not easy to buy into that concept as a mere human being, but I have vowed to attempt it.



You believe that unconditional love is possible? You are a much more committed humanist than I am, then, and I have always tried to consider myself one.

Christopher

(By theistic, you mean god-like love, or do you mean love from god? I assumed you meant god-like, as I am not a believer.)

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to