On 03.11.2005 Eric Dannewitz wrote:
It also depends on your system. I have a G4 933Mhz, and a MiniMac. Both are maxed out in ram. With Finale 2006, both are unstable, the MiniMac being the most unstable (crashes when printing). The 933 G4 also will randomly dump out of Finale 2006.

I cannot remember if Finale 2005 did that, but I'm pretty sure it was way more stable than 2006. Basically, you are getting GPO with 2006. Which, in my opinion, is fluff.

The one real advantage I find with 2k6 is the far superior screen display on the Mac platform. Antialiasing is brilliant, I can still read the notes while looking at a whole page on my 14" iBook. For this reason I will not go back. I have not found 2k6 to crash more. I hardly use GPO though (although I even have the full GPO, too).

Johannes

--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de