On Nov 11, 2005, at 8:42 AM, Phil Daley wrote:

At 11/11/2005 08:20 AM, Christopher Smith wrote:

>that removing it disables your CD drive. I don't know enough about PCs
>to comment, but a pretty smart guy (Mark Russinovich) with some
>sophisticated tools, some of which he wrote himself, spent a lot of
>time to get his system back into shape. How many casual users have that
>kind of knowledge?

Sony has an "uninstaller" available on a web site somewhere.

Unless something has come out very recently, the Sony "uninstaller" doesn't uninstall anything; it just makes the hidden files visible. You still can't remove them without disabling your CD drive, unless you are savvy enough to know how to work around it.

This seems to me to be destructive in the extreme. I would sue if something like this was installed on my computer by a so-called reputable company.

Christopher