On Nov 19, 2005, at 12:16 PM, Javier Ruiz wrote:

Or in 1/12 of a Spanish coffee break...

See the following exchange rate:

1 Spanish coffee break = 3 UK tea breaks = 12 UK coffee breaks.

Hi Javier,

How do you take into account that the English (Americans too) arrive for the coffee break an hour or two before their Spanish friends?

Happens to me when I visit Spain every time a meeting at a cafe is arranged with my Spanish friends. I have gotten used to it and always bring a book :-)

Best Regards,

Chuck

[Note: Officially we donĀ“t drink tea in Spain. I do, earl grey, but only at
home, never in public]

If this is identified as the problem I would have thought it could be
patched up in a coffee break (that's a quarter of a tea break if you're
in the UK).

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836