To anyone who wouldn't already know:

I found an error in the note on page 16 (of the pdf file) in that sample
chapter Michael mentioned.  Quote:

"You can use Alt-Shift-# and Option-Shift-# to change layers at any time,
just as you can with the Simple Entry Caret."

On the mac version it's Command-Option-# not Option-Shift-#, as I mentioned
earlier.

Don Hart
hartmusic.com