In choral music I've seen, it's been more or less a non-issue, since each part has a separate staff (or at least a separate line on a staff - stems up / stems down). The soloist is also broken out as a separate staff. If the soloist is from a particular part (for example, a single tenor from the tenor section, as opposed to a feature soloist), the way I've seen it is that it is marked "Solo" and "All Tenors" on the same staff.