At 7:41 AM -0500 2/27/06, dhbailey wrote:
Noel Stoutenburg wrote:
Friends:

I have a friend who is still laboring with WINFin 2k, and who responds to suggestions to upgrade in ways which reduce to "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

My friend has a number of measures of "meaured tremolo", and he has successfully notated it by defining a duplet of two sixteenths in the space of one half, and changing the noteheads.

Can't help with the answer, but in a case like this I suggest that you tell us whether you are talking about a measured BOW tremolo or a measured FINGER tremolo. Yes, both exist. No, they are not the same either in notation or execution. In fact until recently I've never heard the fingered version called a "tremolo," and I've been playing strings for about 60 years. From the context I assume that you mean a measured finger tremolo--i.e. a measured trill covering more than a major second--but the answer will vary depending on what you actually meant.

John

--
John & Susie Howell
Virginia Tech Department of Music