Yes. This has been my experience too. Once you go to Document Options>Stems>Stem Connections>Create and select the font and the notehead you want to adjust, make adjustments, the stem connections are set throughout the document from then on. Once you have your stem connections the way you want them, you can File>Save Library for Stem Connections so you don't have to recreate them if you want to use them in a different document.

There is a Jazz font stem connection library (Finale 2006>Libraries>Jazz Font>Stem Connections) And there is a general Stem Connection Libraries (Finale>Libraries>Stem Connections) that looks like mostly Maestro Percussion notehead stem connections.

-K

I think that stem connections get applied when changing with the notehead tool. It does that for me. Though it would be nice if all the characters
had a stem connections library. I don't see one.

Dennis

Please participate in my 2007 project:
http://maltedmedia.com/waam/