1. I have a screenshot of a score:
http://www.bytenet.net/kpclow/finale/note-stems.jpg
My question is: do you think the note stems in measure 22, beat 2, are too "short?" If they are, what would you suggest as a possible solution?
2. The old multimovement one Finale document versus multimovement multi-docoument issue raises it's head for me(yet again).
http://www.bytenet.net/kpclow/finale/violino-part.pdf
In the score, I'm pretty sure I have a page break or system break at the end of the movement. When I generated parts, this is the result in the PDF. No tempo marking got moved with the part (even though I attached it to the specific measure in the score).
The other bothersome thing, is the spacing. Should I basically try to do in the parts, what I've done in the score: engrave the parts so the movement ends at the bottom of a page? Then indent on the next page where a new movement starts?
Of course, I could do mutli-finale documents (meaning a new document for each movement) which would prevent all this in the part extraction. But on the flip side, the publisher will have to do a lot of PDF stiches.
http://www.bytenet.net/kpclow/finale/note-stems.jpg
My question is: do you think the note stems in measure 22, beat 2, are too "short?" If they are, what would you suggest as a possible solution?
2. The old multimovement one Finale document versus multimovement multi-docoument issue raises it's head for me(yet again).
http://www.bytenet.net/kpclow/finale/violino-part.pdf
In the score, I'm pretty sure I have a page break or system break at the end of the movement. When I generated parts, this is the result in the PDF. No tempo marking got moved with the part (even though I attached it to the specific measure in the score).
The other bothersome thing, is the spacing. Should I basically try to do in the parts, what I've done in the score: engrave the parts so the movement ends at the bottom of a page? Then indent on the next page where a new movement starts?
Of course, I could do mutli-finale documents (meaning a new document for each movement) which would prevent all this in the part extraction. But on the flip side, the publisher will have to do a lot of PDF stiches.
Thank you.
:-)
Kim Patrick Clow
"There's really only two types of music: good and bad." ~ Rossini
_______________________________________________ Finale mailing list [email protected] http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
