Hi Raymond,

To clarify your comment a little, there is only one actual sampled bass clarinet included in full GPO ("Bass Clarinet Solo"). The "Player" instruments -- "Bass Clarinet Player 1, Player 2, and Player 3" -- are all what are called "derivative" instruments, which means they are derived from a subset of the samples used in "Bass Clarinet Solo." This is basically an inexpensive way (both in terms of system resources and $$$) of stretching a single set of samples into three instruments that are distinct enough to be used in 3-way unison without phasing. But that explains why the solo instrument and the three derivative instruments all have the same stupid range limitation.

I emphatically agree about the absurd Bass Trombone 1 range limitation. There used to be a similar problem with Bassoon 1 vs. Bassoon 2 (Bassoon 1 was incapable of playing the opening of the "Rite") -- this was fixed in a GPO update, and I do hope there will eventually be another GPO update that will fix the B.Tbn. and B.Cl. issues as well.

My B.Cl. workaround (before I acquired JABB) to get the low Bb on B.Cl. was to use a note in hidden playback-only layer with an appropriate pitchwheel expression, plus another (hidden) expression to reset the pitchwheel afterwards.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://secretsociety.typepad.com