From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Robert Patterson
Sent: August 18, 2006 1:52 PM
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Clefs in linked parts

Tyler Turner wrote:

> Use a staff
> style to set the staff in the score to use a chromatic
> transposition, set to clef.

This works in many cases, but there is one where it is dicey, and that's
  a partial-meas cue where the clef changes in the score. Consider a
cello part in bass clef where the next entrance changes to tenor clef.
In the part you want to insert a treble-clef vln cue immediately before
the change to tenor.

The staff style by itself won't work because it must be applied to whole
measures. If you apply it to the whole meas, you lose your tenor clef.
The only solution I can think of is a score-only expression, and even
then you have to hide a spurious clef change at the beginning of the
next measure.

I also had to use score-only exps to display rests on the correct line
in a partial-meas cue situation. It's time-consuming and irritating.
Cues need a great deal more attention.

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com