dc wrote:
Mark D Lew écrit:
Looking at the page it seems unremarkable, and you might never guess how much tweaking was necessary to get to that point.

That's precisely why Finale should do a better job. I find that music with lyrics requires at least twice as much tweaking, and probably even more (in time), than instrumental music. And I confess that I've never or rarely done anything with lyrics that I'm satisfied with - that couldn't be improved if I could afford to spend more time on it. Whereas I'm quite happy with instrumental pieces I've done. I was recently offered 5 USD per page of finished music by an American publisher, for a scholarly edition of vocal music. How much time can one spend tweaking the spacing of the music and the text at that rate?

At $5/page, how much note entry can you do? You can make the same money with less stress bagging groceries!

--
David H. Bailey